Redesigning Plastic CamerasGetting crafty with plastic cameras can be fun, and the possibilities for customization are endless. The Diana World Tour is a traveling exhibition running 2010-2011 with stops in many countries around the world. Each tour includes an exhibition of customized Diana cameras by different artists and designers. Of course, people have been redesigning their Holgas and other cameras for awhile, but the Diana tour has really brought a whole new level of inspiration and fun to the practice.
timrobot X LOMO- Custom Diana F+ (for the Diana World Tour), Designed by: timrobot
There are many different types and brands of plastic cameras (both new and vintage), in addition to Dianas and Holgas. Why plastic cameras? Because they are inexpensive, toy like, low-tech, and fun.
* Diana World Tour
* Photos: Customized cameras from the Diana World Tour Berlin, Spain, Los Angeles.
* Diana World Tour Australia/ New Zealand is happening now! Feb. 3- March 31
* Holga Mods (other Holga modifications)
* Books: Plastic Cameras: Toying with Creativity, Fantastic Plastic Cameras: Tips and Tricks for 40 Toy Cameras
* Flickr groups: Fun with plastic, Toy cameras, + more
* Even Elsie Flannigan (artist and boutique owner) is getting on the plastic camera customization train by introducing limited edition hand painted Holgas in her shop.