The Nikon Coolpix S8100Yesterday I shared reasons why I think everyone should have a compact point and shoot camera (in addition to whatever else you're shooting with). Today, we wanted to feature one of our current (and affordable) favorites, the Nikon Coolpix S8100.
Why we love it: "I've shot with a lot of digital point and shoot cameras and the S8100 is, without a doubt, one of my all time favorites. There are four things I personally want with a point and shoot digital- compact size, excellent picture resolution, good zoom range, and good low light capabilities. Now, you can typically get 2 or 3 out of 4 of these in many cameras, but it's really tough to find one with all 4. The S8100 has all 4, and it really is phenomenal in low light. My wife has now switched 100% to this as her favorite everyday camera and I'm considering a second one because she rarely lets it out of her sight.” - Todd Murphy, Vice President and General Manager of KEH Camera
Included Features: 12.1-megapixels,10X wide zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens which covers 30-300mm, Optical VR Image Stabilization which reduces camera shake, high ISO sensitivity to 3200, CMOS sensor, 3” high resolution color display monitor, records full HD video, shutter speed range from 1/2000-2 seconds, macro shooting capabilities, a new flash control system, supports 23 different languages, high speed performance, includes creative controls and in-camera editing functions plus an optional ND filter, and takes SD memory cards and also comes with 102MB of internal memory.
But wait, there's more great features...
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
- Shoot still images even while recording HD Movie.
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF- Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smooths skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
- 17 Scene modes including Scene Auto Selector which automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
What we're offering: This camera is sold in our LN- grade as a reconditioned product and comes with: battery, charging AC adapter, USB and video cables, software CD, and instruction book. Available colors are black, gold, and red.
This camera retails for between $279-$300 brand new. We're offering a super special deal on this reconditioned model at $169 while supplies last. And we're so confident you'll love it, that we're also offering a 60 day return period (on this item only- normal return policy is 14 days), AND an extended 1 year KEH warranty (normally 60 days)! Find the S8100 on KEH.com here.
Read the review on Photography Blog. Plus, check out this article- Coolpix: Top Choice for Vacation Camera. And for even more information on this camera model, check out the Nikon site complete with an interactive demo.