Through the years, we have formed great partnerships with countless camera & photo retailers across the nation. Our partnerships have developed into successful dealer hosted buying events. Our road buyers travel to a camera shop, and the camera shop in turn hosts a buying event at their store. It's a great way to shop at your favorite local camera shop, and sell your used photo gear to KEH at the same time.
KEH will generally have a table set up in the camera shop where customers can bring in their photo gear for sale & receive a quote from our road buyer. Our road buyer will do a quick evaluation of the equipment and provide an offer on the spot for the used photo equipment. If accepted, you walk away with a check!
|Our road buyer Everett at a dealer hosted buying event.|
Attending a buying event is a great way to sell your used equipment without the hassle of selling it online, and the worry associated with shipping it across the country (and it arriving in one piece). Another benefit to attending a buying event is the dealer will oftentimes offer a trade in reward. What this means is, if you decide to receive store credit at your local camera shop instead of a check, you will receive a bonus amount added to the price KEH will pay for your used gear.
If your local camera dealer is hosting a KEH buying event, all you need to do is bring in the camera gear you have for sale, and a valid ID. KEH will handle the rest! Since the buying events are popular, there may be a wait from time to time to see our road buyer. What we try to do to help alleviate the wait is offer an appointment only day, typically the day before the advertised buying event days. We recommend checking with your local camera shop before an advertised event to see if they are offering an appointment only day, and they will be happy to schedule a meeting with a KEH road buyer.
In addition to dealer hosted buying shows, our KEH Camera road buyers attend many different industry related events. We are present at annual photo conventions such as WPPI and Photo Plus Expo, as well as many other photography related shows throughout the year. Some conventions may be open to members only or require a registration fee, but the trade shows are almost always open to the public. Depending on the convention, the trade show may be free to attend. Sometimes there may be a small fee, and other times attendance may be free with registration.
|Our road buyer Justin at the 2012 Photo Plus Expo in New York.|
Expos and trade shows are a fun way for photographers from professional to amateur to see what's new in the photo industry. It's also a great way to visit with a KEH road buyer and sell your used camera equipment too! We have a booth or table set up at every trade show we attend, and we are able to offer a quote on the spot for your used photographic equipment. Just as with dealer hosted buying events, if you accept our offer, you will walk away with a check in hand!
Our road buyers also frequent other photography related events, conventions and camera club meetings in search of used photographic equipment. Sometimes we even host buying events at local hotels in an area we will be visiting. KEH hosted events are always free and open to the public. Our goal is to reach as many people as possible, and make it as convenient as we can for you to sell your gear to KEH.
Keep in Touch:
If you are interested in selling your used camera gear & want to know if KEH will be visiting a town near you, we have several ways you can stay in touch.
* The best way to receive updates is to sign up on our email list (sign up by clicking here). We send details via email regarding our buying events to customers in the local area of a show location.
* Our road show schedule can also be found here on the KEH Camera Blog.
* Our road show events are also available on our Facebook Events page located here (you do not need to be a Facebook member, or even logged into Facebook, to view the main page listing for our events).
Some handy tips to keep in mind if you would like to attend a buying event & sell your used camera gear to KEH Camera:
* KEH only buys used camera equipment at shows, we do not sell.
* If you cannot attend a buying event, have too much gear to transport, or have an estate sale, please contact KEH via email or by calling (770) 333-4220. We will be happy to assist you with making arrangements to sell your equipment. For large quantities, we may even have a buyer meet you before or after a show when at all possible.
* Prices on camera gear can fluctuate depending on supply and demand. If you are thinking about buying a new camera, it may be beneficial to sell your camera before the latest model is released, as buy prices generally drop once a newer model is available on the market.
* We are not always able to make an offer to purchase certain older or broken items. However, we will certainly be happy to help you recycle the items in an environmentally friendly manner if you would like to donate them to KEH.
Since 1979, we have earned the trust of customers worldwide by paying top market value for clean, used camera gear. We hope you will stop by and see us the next time we are visiting a town near you!